Friday, April 26, 2024

Why I No Longer Buy Makeup On Sale

 



Not even organic. 

For a long time I wanted to write about this, but life happens. 

In two different occasions I bought two mascaras. One was online and it was organic, and the second time it was from my local drug store (popular cheap brand) 

It ended bad because I got a nasty surprise with both products.

My eye started to burn so bad that I was worried (from 1-10 it was a 6.5) and maybe planning a visit to the ER. Thank God it did not lasted long and I was able to recover and my day continued. I read on the internet that it is not a good idea to wash your face with water immediately because it can make things worst.  So I was "pushing my eye" to resist the burnt sensation by closing it and squishing it.  

Was I the one making things worst? Would it had been a good thing to apply water right after?

Anyways, I made this post to vote against buying makeup on sale. Specially if you don't use makeup that often.  In my makeup collection a mascara can easily last  for at least a year and a little more. I don't use makeup often.

This is a picture from around 2014-2015 and I am using it to show that I have always been a small makeup collection girl. Products have changed, but the amount remains the same. A few necessary ones.

 

Why? 

Because... 

I hate removing makeup after arriving home. 

For this reason, I dedicated a huge amount of time trying to grow my eyebrows and my lashes naturally eating healthy and with vitamins. Serums are a waste of money and time and I can testify of it. At the beginning you will notice some "miracle growth" but in fact, the minute you stop using the product your eyebrows/lashes look exactly as they started.  It is like a magic trick; now you see me, now you don't. 

 

  1. I believe serums just make your hairs look thicker as long as you keep using the product.  
  2. Maybe they are made of silicone {[MAYBE, ALLEGEDLY]} 

 

Why I think so?

Because...

When you read and understand how volume shampoos work, everything makes sense. Silicone is giving your hair that shine and volume to look and to stay healthy (allegedly healthy, allegedly). 

This is another topic for another day.  I just wanted to give you insight of why I don't use a lot of makeup often. 

Going back to the main topic...

Fact: Makeup can stay for months or maybe a year in the drug store or storage before they decide to put it on sale.  For this reason I believe the best time to buy makeup is right after sales end.

I have been in drug stores that are still selling makeup or any other beauty products (specially hair dyes) with old packaging (colorless boxes and everything). I believe Walgreens is supposed to have high standards when it comes to product rotation, but I am no longer sure.  

The mascara that gave me the bad reaction was from Walgreens. 

I highly recommend to avoid makeup sales no matter the store or place.  I know there are makeup products that can last way longer than 12 months. But because of this experience, I will not risk my skin to save a few bucks. These kind of events don't shake you till you have the experience.

Have in mind that when I buy "fresh makeup" (not on sale) it last a whole year or a little more.  It did not happened this time.

I hope I am not being perceived as paranoid. I have a valid point you know...

Be safe and happy shopping. 

Keep Moving Forward, 



 

 

0 yorum:

Post a Comment