Saturday, July 14, 2018

Editing Instagram Pictures


Someone DM me recently asking how I edit my instagram pictures. It is very easy and I use free apps.  I also sometimes use instagram filters. Just in case you speak spanish here is my How to get a Youtube Banner.



I have been never more serious in my life when I say that every blogger should learn how to properly take and edit pictures. It does not only makes your blog or web page looks amazingly yours, but also, you can feel and say that you are the creative mind behind it.


My theme is kind of pinky/orange with clean and open spaces.  I love taking pictures whenever I go out or if I stay home I prepare a white background. I take my pictures mostly with my Nikon D90 camera with a AF Nikkor 85mm 1:1.8 lens and sometimes with my phones.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Edge S6 (I need to repair battery issues for I still use it sometimes) and a ZTE Blade.  I get into details because the quality of the phone do matter when it comes to the quality of the pictures once they have been uploaded to instagram (instagram issues when processing the picture).  So keep in mind that some phones are going to take low quality pictures, but if you take your photos with a pro cam, there should be no problem at all.

I also have a Nikon D200 which I love dearly.  Remember that aesthetics aren't a filter issue alone. You need to create a theme with composition and a background and be consistent.


EDITING WITH MY PHONE



When I take pictures with my phone I use VSCO and I apply the A6 filter +9.  Then I play with the exposure +1, contrast +1 (these settings may vary depending on the light available in the original picture), sharpen +0.5, saturation +1.5, higlights +1.5/shadows +2.0, temperature -1.0 & tint +2.0 ( I play with them depending on the pinky intensity on green areas I am looking for when taking pictures in nature) and skin tone -5. 

Then I export the picture to Lightroom (free version) and I created my own presets. I have five presets because I don't always shoot in the same places and using the same preset for different light tones is not always good if you want to achieve certain aesthetics for your feed. I can't go into details for the five presets but I am going to discuss the preset I use the most. It is not a big change, I add or remove exposure, contrast, whites, hue, saturation, etc till I find the right tone.  As you can see my feed looks uniform regardless of not applying the same preset. 

MY MAIN PRESET IN LR



Light

Exposure 1.33EV, contrast -56, whites 45, blacks 3.  The rest remains zero.

Color 

Saturation -25. The rest remains zero. 

Effects

Clarity 7 & dehaze 7. The rest remains zero.

Detail

Sharpening 10, radius 1.00, detail 25. The rest remains automatic values.

Lightroom CC also has a profiles section. Here you will find a variety of filters same as VSCO or instagram. You can start here to create your own preset or simply start from scratch with VSCO like I did.  Sometimes when the available light or composition is not the best in terms of colors, I use instagram filters. I simply adjust the filter to the desired tone.  This is all about practice. I promise you that once you start learning you will be editing like a pro in no time. 

EDITING IN MY COMPUTER

I have lightroom and the photos app that every iMac has and I use both.  These programs are user friendly (at least that's what I think compared to photoshop) and you can achieve great pro results.


An that's it! Do this just one time and save your preset by pressing the three dots in your left corner and choose "Create Preset". Very easy to do and this is the free version.  I hope you find this "tutorial" helpful.  If you would need an extra help with your instagram game, DM me on my IG or send me an email to holachesk@gmail.com

Remember: the best pictures are the ones you can't take because you can't stop contemplating the scene.

Hasta la próxima, 



0 yorum:

Post a Comment